5 reasons it’s time to say goodbye to your false eyelashes
Wednesday, 17 May 2017 22:54:39 Europe/London
We know, we know, when you’re after full-throttle glamour that set of falsies really delivers on the drama. But could you be playing a long-term price for that quick fix solution? It could be time to reconsider…
1) Falsies can ruin your natural lashline. The glue which bonds the lash strips to the eyelid can pull out your real lashes, while the extra weight can leave them weaker and more prone to breakage. One hair restoration surgeon told the Daily Mail he’d seen patients left with gaps in their lashes from falsie overuse, with older women at more risk than young girls due to differences in the vitality and growth of the hair. If you really can’t quit your habit, always peel the strips off gently and try not to wear them every day.
2) They’re expensive. The lifespan varies but none last forever... While animal hair lashes can last for around 20-30 wears, synthetic lashes usually only last around 3-8 wears.
3) There may be ethical concerns with those ‘real hair’ lashes. You might want to check your brand is cruelty-free before parting with your cash…
4) In a new relationship? Hmmm. Do you really want your new beau to see you carefully peeling off and storing your eyelashes the first time you spend the night? Makes you look kinda’ high maintenance… (And if you chance leaving them in overnight you know you’ll only have to retrieve them from his pillow in the morning. Awkward...).
5) Fallen into bed without removing the glue properly? Say hello to seriously irritated eyes in the morning...
Still want to go full-on Cheryl Cole? Why Fake It? Instant Effects Instant Lash and Brow Volumiser is an innovative serum that means that in just 2 minutes your individual lashes will increase by up to 20% and with regular use you can expect lashes that are up to 40% thicker and 20% longer!
Not ready to give up your falsies habit just yet? As Instant Lash works with your natural lash to strengthen and promote growth it makes them stronger and less prone to damage if you do decide to wear extensions or false lashes.